Bethany College, located in Lindsborg, Kansas, focuses on service to traditional age students in a residential setting by offering liberal arts-based degree programs leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree. The College also offers programming for continued cultural, intellectual and religious learning in service to its students, the city of Lindsborg and surrounding communities. As a demonstration of their global awareness, the College sponsors events and programs with national and international relevance.
Bethany College has selected the ContentM Web Content Management System to transform its web site into an information portal for communicating with potential and existing students, alumni, and other community users. ContentM provided user friendly interfaces for updating content as well as automatically generating menu structures, site maps, and searches for the site. The new system allowed Bethany College to easily manage and maintain up-to-date site content with no html or programming knowledge required.
- Allows an organization to manage multiple sites from one centralized interface.
- Includes a Rich Text Editor for easy content formatting and updating with no technical or html knowledge.
- Provides “edit in place” content management through a user intuitive interface.
- Automatically generates the menu, pages, site map, and search information as content is added and updated.
- Allows school districts to manage individual school sites, teacher and classroom portals and more.
- Manages separate home pages for classes, administrators, and professors.
- Gives teachers an easy to use web site builder that integrates their site with the district and school’s site.
- Features advanced security that lets you restrict site administrative access.
- Provides a global search and replace to make site wide updates more efficient.
- Allows you to spell check your entire site at the click of a button.
- Simplifies changing the overall look and feel through a stylesheet and template editor.
- Connects menu items to pages, other Web sites, documents, collections.
- Helps users create tables and insert images and links into pages.
- Creates menu structures with infinite sub menu levels.
- Ensures that links and images across your site are working through a link validator tool.
With the completely user-friendly functionality of ContentM, very little training was required. Within a day the administrators were able to begin using the site and enter users and new site content. They were able to disperse site content responsibility across departments and user levels which allowed professors to manage their own home pages and their class pages. All content could be previewed prior to ever appearing on the site which helped to ensure accuracy. The college was able to host and manage their own web-site with the most user friendly functionality for site wide spell checking, link validation, and search and replace tools to make the process quick and simple. Web-site management had never been easier and more reliable.