Harriman Arts has been bringing the best of performing arts to downtown Kansas City for 40 years. The Harriman Arts program of William Jewell College provides music, dance, and artistic performances for the Kansas City area. More than 700 performances have come to Kansas City by way of the Harriman Arts Program, including 16 American recital debuts. An enduring aspect of the Program, drafted by founders Dr. Richard Harriman and Dr. Dean Dunham, Jr., is the availability of the performing arts as an integral part of a superior liberal arts college curriculum for William Jewell College students.
The Harriaman Arts Program operates a Web site where users can view event information and order tickets online. Harriman Arts has chosen AllofE’s ContentM to manage it’s Web site content; manage event information and schedules; and generate event listings and filters. End users will be able to sign up to receive program newsletters; search for events by date, venue, and type; and purchase tickets online. ContentM includes functionality to allow Harriman Arts to manage their site with no technical knowledge or experience, maintain up to date event information, and automatically generate searches, menus, and more.
- Allowed the program to manage multiple sites from one centralized interface.
- Included a Rich Text Editor for easy content formatting and updating with no technical or html knowledge.
- Provided “edit in place” content management through a user intuitive interface.
- Automatically generated the menu, pages, site map, and search information as content was added and updated.
- Featured advanced security that allowed you to restrict site administrative access.
- Provided a global search and replace to make site wide updates more efficient.
- Allowed you to spell check your entire site at the click of a button.
- Simplified changing the overall look and feel through a stylesheet and template editor.
- Connected menu items to pages, other Web sites, documents, collections.
- Helped users create tables and insert images and links into pages.
- Created menu structures with infinite sub menu levels.
- Ensured that links and images across your site were working through a link validator tool.
With the completely user-friendly functionality of ContentM, very little training was required. Within a day users were able to begin using the site and enter users and new site content. They were able to disperse site content responsibility across departments and manage their own home pages. ContentM included functionality to allow Harriman Arts to manage their site with no technical knowledge or experience, maintain up to date event information, and automatically generated searches, menus, and more. They were able to host and manage their own web-site with the most user friendly functionality for site wide spell checking, link validation, and search and replace tools to make the process quick and simple. Web-site management had never been easier and more reliable.